Monday, May 5, 2008

Why Creativity? Why Writing?

My decision to take Creative Writing had been festering since high school, but burst into a necessary task last semester. The more specific situation that brought about this change can be read here, but the short version is that I realized after years of writing nothing but analytical essays, my artistic soul had been sapped. I could not write anything fanciful, anything beautiful (unless you count in-depth technical comparisons as beautiful).

There was a need for a change. And that is why I am in this class. I want to recapture the thrill of constructing a sentence that makes people sigh from its glory. I want to think in imaginative terms. Most of all, after years of living without it, I want my writing mojo back!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You make me want to take creative writing.
AHHHH.
Let's write at Noodles & Company with our indie outfits.
Rockin'.

Ms. D said...

cat! there have been sighs of glory reading this blog...don't you worry. good work.